Friday, July 22, 2016

Roasted Eggplant Fan; Guest post by Jhuls

Guys, I am back with a guest post for you this week!! Yay!! I am so happy to have this amazing blogger as my guest this week. In this ruthless world of blogging, there are those handful few who are "nice"  & "kind" to others! Those who actually think of others and want to do good for others. One such person is Jhuls from "The Not So Creative Cook". I am proud to say that Jhuls is my friend. In my journey of blogging for the past 3 years, she is one of those who supported my stumbling steps from the begining and nurtured my growth with her constant encouragement. In fact, her blog has a section where every week she introduces new bloggers to the rest of the world.

When I reached out to Jhuls a few weeks ago, she was taking a break from blogging and she promised me a guest post as soon as she was back in circulation. It is interesting that she reached out to me earlier this week when I was feeling low as I had just lost my very healthy aunt in a "hit and run" accident. I am still trying to come to terms with that loss. It is as if she "sensed" my need and reached out.. that is real friendship. 

Jhuls is an excellent chef as is evident from her blog " the not so creative cook". Do not go by the title. She is extremely talented,creative, not to mention bubbly and naughty! Check out her blog for all the very creative recipes. Her blog will leave you mesmerized. Today she brings us a delicious and easy recipe of " Roasted Eggplant Fan". I hope you enjoy this post as much as I have. Thank you Jhuls for this amazing guest post. I am bringing this to Throwback Thursday #48Fiesta Friday #129 and Saucy Saturday #54!






With the fact that I am not that active in blogging for the last month, I am surprised that a fellow blogger invited me to do a guest post… And even more surprised that I am again invited to do it for a blogging friend who is more on the “nice side”.  :D

I feel so honored to be doing a guest post today for Su @ Su’s Healthy Living. Aside from she is so kind to share her healthy recipes with us, Su is such a good, wonderful blogging friend who is always there to lend a helping hand. She was one of the bloggers who volunteered to do a guest post for me. She was one of the firsts, to be precise. 

I received an invitation from Su during the time when I was taking a break from blogging. Even I was not blogging for a month, I didn’t stop thinking of what to make to share them with all of you.

Since I am on the “nice side” today and I am doing a guest post for our dear friend, Su, I am sharing something easy, but very delicious (at least for me who loves eggplants a lot). Su required something easy, quick and healthy. I am still struggling with quick recipes, so I will bring you the easy and healthy one.



I really love everything eggplant and when I saw the recipe from All That's Jas (http://all-thats-jas.com/2015/06/roasted-eggplant-fan.html), I just had to make it. I made few adjustments and I loved it, I really did. 

Though this Roasted Eggplant Fan takes more than an hour to be ready, it is very easy to prepare and it’s really worth the wait. The eggplant fan alone tastes really good, but I am very much head over heels with eggplant + lemon-tahini sauce. Whoa! That's a good food marriage. Let's top with more crumbled feta cheese and their relationship with never be boring. 


With the addition of lemon-tahini sauce, I was in heaven! 


Servings: 2

Ingredients:

1 medium American eggplant
2 large tomatoes, sliced into thin rings
2 garlic cloves, grated
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (plus more for topping)
Fresh basil, roughly chopped
Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Dried or fresh parsley, for garnish
Lemon-tahini sauce, to serve

Instructions:


Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.

 Rinse the eggplant and dry with a paper towel. Cut the eggplant into thin slices, making sure to leave the stem attached.

Grease each slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the eggplant on the parchment-lined baking sheet.   

Fill each eggplant slices with tomatoes, garlic, feta and basil. Carefully press the eggplant, shaping it into a fan.

Drizzle with more olive oil. 

Roast/bake the eggplant for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. 

Transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle with lemon-tahini sauce and top with more crumbled feta cheese.

For the lemon-tahini sauce: 

1/4 cup tahini
3-4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt, to taste
Warm water

In a bowl, place tahini sauce. Start off by adding 3 tbsp lemon juice. Add water until desired consistency. Add salt. Do a taste test and adjust according to your preference. I love mine lemony, a little salty and not too thick and runny.

I hope you all liked my version of Roasted Eggplant Fan. Try it and you will never be disappointed. 

Su, I had fun doing this for you and for our friends. Thank you so much for the opportunity. I would love to come back. ;)  

******

Yay! That's all, Su. I hope you liked it! 

x Jhuls

No comments:

Post a Comment