Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Dry Fruit Phirni; quick version

 




Diwali is incomplete without desserts. You have to make something sweet to celebrate this very important Hindu Festival of Lights. That being said, time is an elusive commodity for me. I never have enough time to do everything that I want to do. You might have noticed that I haven't
been blogging of late. I have tons of pictures for recipes that I would like to post, but find it hard to find the time to write the post or watermark the pictures. On the flip side I guess I should be thankful
that I am blessed with the skills to be able to be of service to children and that my skills are recognized and are in demand all the time. So anyways, I wanted to put together something quick for my family. So I decided to make phirni using dry fruits, broken rice and  condensed milk!! I have to say it was quick, easy and super delicious! You don't have to use condensed milk, you can use regular milk too.

Here is my quick and easy recipe.

Servings: 4 ( serving size: 1/2 cup)


Ingredients:

Broken rice: 1/2 cup
Mixed dry fruits: 1/2 cup, roasted in a drop of ghee.
Water: 2 cups
Condensed milk: 1 cup
Cardamom: 2 pods, deseeded and powdered.
Salt: a pinch

Method:

Boil the water in a saucepan. Add the broken rice to it and bring it to a boil. Summer and cook until the broken rice is nicely tender, about 10 mins. Add the condensed milk and simmer it for 3-4 mins. Add the cardamom powder and the roasted nuts.

Serve hot or cold!

Enjoy!

Cooking made easy:

You can use regular rice or cooked rice to make this Phirni.

Tip for healthy living:

Often people indulge beyond the recommended serving size especially during festival season!! It is a good practice to be mindful of the serving size.

Food for thought:

Of all human activities, man's listening to God is the supreme act of his will and reasoning. Pope Paul VI

No comments:

Post a Comment