Thursday, June 2, 2016

Guest Post Series: Irish Soda Bread by Anshu Wadhwa Pande


 I know you all.. I have not posted anything in a while!! I mean my own posts!! The reason is that the sun is shining and I am more out of the house than in the house! Last weekend was a long weekend and we went on a road trip to Cape Cod. We loved the beaches and the islands of Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. I wanted to check what all the hype was about and I must confess that I like it. Yes, I like it. It is very idyllic.. I would love to have a little summer shack on the beach.. take walks whenever I want, lay down on the beach and read a book.. well, you get the idea..
Apart from the vacation, back in the city, my kids want to be out all the time!! And there are so many activities that are going on!! I am literally tired!!

Well, guys, that is very reason I had planned for the guest posts. You guys who diligently follow me shouldn't be deprived. With the guest posts, you will have more variety and more people ( bloggers) to follow!






I hope you guys enjoyed Shaheen Ali's Besan Ke Phulki last week. This week, I have a budding food blogger as my guest, Anshu Wadhwa Pande.She is a qualified lawyer whose deep interest in food defines her! She considers cooking as a sacred activity. She states that she learnt cooking out of need which eventually grew on her and became her passion. She blogs from The Secret Ingredient where she experiments with food, styles them and photographs them. She lives in Mexico.

 Today, she is bringing to us an easy "no-knead" bread that is without yeast!! The Irish Soda Bread! I have to try this for my mom and my kids to personally check how it comes together. Do check her blog for more interesting recipes.






Ingredients:

4 cups of All Purpose Flour
¼ cup of Granulated sugar
1-1/4 cups of Buttermilk
1 cup of Raisins
2 Eggs
1 tsp of Baking Soda
2 tsp of Baking Powder
¾ tsp of Salt
1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, cold and cut into small cubes
Zest of ½ of an Orange


Method:


1. In a mixing bowl add All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt. Combine them.
2. Add Cold cubes of butter and mix them with the dry ingredients using your finger tips until it starts to resemble like a sand. You can even use a fork to mix the butter.
3. In a jar add Buttermilk, eggs and Orange Zest and whisk them together, Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and continue to mix until everything comes together like a dough. Do not over mix.
4. Add the raisins and combine.
5. Flour the counter and place the dough. Knead and shape it into a round loaf.
6. Preheat the oven to 190 Degree Celsius and line a baking tray with Parchment Paper.
7. Place the Round loaf on the Baking Tray and score Plus sign (+) with a sharp knife.
8. Bake it in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour or until the bread feels hallow when tapped. 
9. Bring it to room temperature before slicing.
Enjoy!!



I am bringing this delicious bread of Anshu's to all my friends at Throwback Thursday#41, Fiesta Friday#122  and Saucy Saturdays#47! Angie's co-hosts this week are Mollie @ The Frugal Hausfrau and Aruna @ Aharam


Please do share your thoughts. Your opinion matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment