A few months ago, I had invited guest posts and many people took up my offer and were featured here on Su's Healthy Living. One of the bloggers who approached me with a guest post is Olivia Rose. We have been corresponding back and forth for sometime now. I have been busy or dragging my feet.. but finally after much perseverance she is here today. Here is a bit more about her: Olivia Rose is a food blogger who likes trying new exciting food flavors and textures. Like me she is a mother of 2 wonderful kids. She shares her recipes on MyKingCook so that other mothers like us can get delicious food ideas for their kids.
Today, she is bringing us 5 Healthy Snacks With Cauliflower Which Are Irresistible. Do check them out! I bet you will fall in love with cauliflower just the way I always have been! Do check her blog for other delicious recipes!
As per Olivia Rose: "All images were paid images from Stock, so that we have full permission for all and don't need credit source."
When it comes to healthy eating, going green is always a preferable option to choose. These super and versatile vegetable is a trending choice now a day. Cauliflower is one among the many. Economical with a bunch of necessary vitamins and antioxidants fiber and potassium, this can be your perfect meal choice. It can be used both as a fresh vegetable as well as freezing it after vacuum sealed. Let’s explore to find a yummy yet healthiest food of the planet. We have tried to collect the best recipes to give you an appetizing meal at an affordable cost.
1 - Hot Wings Cauliflower
We all are in love with hot wings. Have you ever tried cauliflower hot wings, if not we are here to share our recipe with you?
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
• 1 medium head cauliflower,
• 1/2 cup Chickpea flour
• 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 cup Low-fat buttermilk
• 3 tablespoons hot sauce
• Salt and Pepper: Add to your taste buds
• Pre-heat the oven to 450°.
• Spray cooking spray to your baking dish
• Cut the cauliflower head into small pieces
• Mix 1 tablespoon hot sauce and buttermilk and whisk it well.
• Add flour, bread crumbs, garlic, and salt and pepper in another shallow bowl.
• Mix each cauliflower floret in buttermilk mixture and put it into baking dish
• Bake for 30 minutes until crispy.
• Add remaining sauce and bake it again for 3 minutes.
• Serve sizzling hot with cheese dressing.
2 - Mashed Cauliflower
Mashed potatoes are a traditional side dish, we all love to dine. If you have not tried mashed cauliflower, you must give it a chance to enrich your traditional mashed potatoes taste. This perfect mash recipe can be eaten with Greek yogurt or low-fat cream cheese.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
• 4 cauliflower florets
• 40-gram cream cheese
• Salt and black pepper
• Pinch of Grated nutmeg
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 bulb of garlic (finely chopped)
• 1 tablespoon green onion to enhance taste
• Boil water in a medium sized pan for glass top stove with some added salt.
• Put the florets in it and boil for 8-10 minutes
• Drain cauliflower, and put them again in pot with lid on (without heat) for 2-3 minutes
• Mix cheese, salt, garlic, butter and pepper to the cauliflower.
• Use the potato masher to smash the cauliflowers.
• Add nutmeg.
• Mix well and serve with chopped green onions.
3 - Cauliflower Fritters
Fritters show how much we love our food. Let’s try our cauliflower fritters recipe instead of traditional potatoes fritters.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 6-7 Mins
Total time: 17 mins
• 3 cups cauliflower florets (minced through food processor)
• 3 cups broccoli
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• 3 Eggs
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 0.7-ounce salad Italian dressing
• ½ cup oil for frying
• Minced the cauliflower florets and broccoli in a food processor.
• Add flour, Italian dressing, baking powder, and eggs to mixture.
• Heat oil on medium heat
• Put the cauliflower processed mixture to preheated oil through heaping tablespoons
• Fry until golden brown on both sides and serve hot
4 - Cauliflowers Breadsticks with Cheese
Let me share with you another winner cauliflower recipe It is simple, it is gluten free, and it serves your taste buds well.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
Total Time: 50 min
• 1 large cupped cauliflower (approx 4 cups minced)
• 4 eggs
• 3 tablespoon oregano
• 4 cup mozzarella cheese
• 4 garlic cloves minced properly
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 425 F degrees
• Prepare pizza dishes
• Cauliflower florets (minced through food processor until they resemble rice)
• Microwave it for 10 minutes.
• Add eggs, salt, pepper and 2 cup cheese and spices to it.
• Put the mixture it into pizza dish and bake it for 25 minutes until golden
• Sprinkle the remaining cheese and bake it again for 5 minutes
• Sliced into rectangular sticks and serve hot
You can also add smoked paprika to add extra taste.
5 - Cauliflower Tots
The cauliflowers diapers are the yummiest and the healthiest.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 30-40 tots
• 2 cups cauliflower florets
• 1 egg
• ½ cup onion
• ¼ cup minced bell pepper
• ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese.
• 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
• ¼ cup breadcrumbs
• ¼ minced parsley
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
• Spray the cooking pan with cooking spray
• Roughly chop the cauliflower head
• Steam it for 4-5 minutes until soft and then drain it well
• Pulse in food processor until turns into fine pieces
• Combine all other ingredients to the mixture
• Take a tablespoon of mixture into your hands and shape it into small tots.
• Put the tots in the pan and bake it for 20 minutes until golden brown.
• Serve sizzling hot
I am sharing this post with all my dear friends at Throwback Thursday #56, Fiesta Friday #139 and Saucy Saturday#64! Angie's co-hosts this week are and .