Friday, October 30, 2015

Friendly Chocolatey Ghosts ; Halloween Special!



When you have little kids at home, it is rather hard to ignore Halloween. You have to participate in the spirit of it and have the kids dress up in some costume, go trick-or-treating and of course, make some scary treats!! Last year, I put together these " mummy dogs" which was a big hit.




This year, I thought of making something that would appeal to them , is easy to put together and would be relatively healthy. I came across these cute ghost snacks somewhere. For the life of me, I cannot remember where but the image has stuck in my head.I think it was an ad I came across by snack-pack pudding. I had to re-create it and the kids loved it.



In fact, they helped me make it! Do give it a try! Bet your kids would enjoy it too.. It is also a nice way to make your kid eat bananas.



Servings: 4 ( 1 cup per person)


Ingredients:


Snack-pack Chocolate pudding cups: 4



Bananas: 4 small or medium sized bananas
Chocolate chips: 12 numbers

Method:


Peel each banana and cut 6 inches from the top. Keep the cut portion of the banana on a plate.

Open the flap of each of the pudding cup. Insert one piece of the cut banana in each cup.

Take 3 chocolate chips per banana and insert it into the banana in such a manner that it looks like the eyes and mouth.

Voila!

 Your ghost is ready! Yes, it is as simple as that!! I am bringing this to Throwback Thursday,Fiesta Friday #92 and Saucy Saturdays.


Cooking made easy:


Make sure that the banana are firm ( just turning yellow) and not over-ripe.


Tip for healthy living:


If you have children who are fussy with fruits and vegetables, one of the ways to introduces healthy food to them is combining  or pairing them with the unhealthy food. This ways it does not look like a bad deal to the child and it is a win-win for both the parent and the child. Some examples would be combing fruits with chocolate by dipping the fruit lightly in it; serving rice and vegetables with chips or crackers. In fact, one of the favorite ways for my son eating his lunch is : one scoop of rice and vegetables with one piece of cracker( usually goldfish or cheese-its).

Food for thought:


A champion is a dreamer that refused to give-up. Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment